Enchantress is a Gozzard 36D, an elegant blue water sailing yacht of rich construction and beguiling character uniquely designed for a sailing couple with occasional guests, a small family, or a single hander!
Enchantress has the innovative Gozzard 36 open plan is a refreshing departure from the traditional sailing yacht layout that must be seen to be appreciated. Instead of dividing the interior into 6′ sections, Ted Gozzard “imagineered” a uniquely functional and flexible plan, enabling an open main salon by day to become a roomy private stateroom by night. Her bright light richly finished interior joinery is handcrafted to furniture quality throughout in American cherry with a teak and basswood sole.
The master cabin is aft and features a king size berth, standing room for changing, cedar-lined hanging locker, and storage cabinets.
Elegant and clever touches abound. The main companionway has Hinged screen doors and a pocket hatch screen to keep the pests away. There is a cedar lined coat-length hanging locker at the forward bulkhead, and storage is abundant throughout.
The galley is located on the port side, amidships, the galley has Corian counters, SS sink, voluminous refrigeration, freezer, and ample space for food preparation.
- Force 10 gimbaled 3-burner propane stove and oven
- Stern rail mounted Force 10 grill
- Panasonic microwave oven
- Nova Cool refrigeration and freezer (2009)
- Flowjet freshwater pump (2015)
- 10.5 gal. Attwood hot water heater
- Alpenglow light fixtures in galley (2009)
- Brass clock & barometer, weather glass
LOA: 42′ 3″ / Beam: 12′ / LWL: 31′ 6″ / Length on Deck: 36′ 9″ / Draft: 4′ 9″ Empty / Displacement: 19000 lbs / Ballast: 7500 lbs / Air Draft: 50′
Brand: Westerbeke 63C / Year: 1995 / Fuel: Diesel / Hours: 2300 / Propeller: 3 blade / Horse Power: 63 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: 100 Gallons (2 tanks) / Fuel Tanks: 45 Gallons / Holding Tanks: 45 Gallons
Sails & Rigging
- All sails new in 2012 – fully battened main with Dutchman system & single line double-reef, tri radial 110% genoa, self-tacking staysail all with navy blue covers and UV protection
- Selden deck stepped mast w/ Tides Marine sail track
- Schaefer furling systems on both head stays
- Lewmar 44 self-tailing main halyard winch
- Two Lewmar 44 primary winches and two Lewmar 30 self-tailing winches
Navigation & Communication
- Ritchie binnacle compass
- Raymarine C120W MFD helm (2010)
- Raymarine HD digital radar helm (2012)
- Raymarine ST50 wind, depth and speed
- ST6002 autopilot w/ remote (2007)
- Standard Horizon VHF in cabin with remote cockpit mic
- Anchor light LED 2016
- SSB and tuner available but not currently connected
Deck & Hull
Roomy & secure cockpit includes double drop leaf table (seats 6). Unique fold-down transom steps under helmsman seat with ladder that enables easy access from dinghy, swimming, or recovery of crew overboard.
Wide side decks without obstruction, bulwarks, and prominent cabin trunk enable safe movement fore & aft. Foredeck is perfect for curling up with a good book, while aft rake of cabin trunk provides comfortable back support.
- Awlgrip finished hull (2007)
- SS Twin bow rollers
- 35lb CQR with 200′ chain
- Fortress FX-23 anchor chain lead and rode
- Maxwell vertical electric anchor windlass with foot controls forward and up/down at helm
- Flowjet raw water washdown pump
- Beefy Gozzard cast bronze mooring chock/cleats forward, aft, midships
- SS dinghy davits
- Cockpit shower with fresh hot and cold water
- Exterior teak strippped and refinished (2017)
- Bimini with additional connector to dodger
- Full canvas winter cover
Mechanical & Electrical System
- Ocean Breeze rev. cycle air conditioning 16,700 BTU
- 120v 30 amp AC shore power connection
- 50 ft. shore power cord
- 2-group 31 wet cell batteries, 2 golf cart batteries (2013)
- Separate starting battery
- Heart Link 200 battery monitor
For more information and details contact Mike Gozzard at 519-524-2120 or firstname.lastname@example.org; or see the listing on YachtWorld
Lying Stamford CT – asking $179,000.00 USD
Click on the image to see additional photos of Enchantress